enter search term and/or author name
Call for Papers: Special Issue on Human-Interaction-Aware Data Analytics for Cyber-Physical Systems
Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) are the systematic combination of physical processes, information and communication technology. Typical examples of CPS are civil infrastructure monitoring, industrial control, and avionic systems. Such systems are generally deployed as a network of interacting elements with a huge amount of data. In addition, with the rapid development of sensing, computing, and storing technologies, the amount of data increases tremendously. This imposes fundamental challenges on the design and management of CPS in multiple aspects such as energy efficiency, security, privacy, reliability, sustainability, scalability, and flexibility. Tackling these challenges necessitates innovative techniques of data analytics for handling the massive data in CPS.
In the design of innovative data analysis techniques, human activities and interactions with CPS must be taken into account since humans can monitor and control physical processes when interacting with very large data sets collected via sensors. However, various important human factors, e.g., predictable and repeating behavior, have not yet been well understood and fully taken into consideration in the current generation CPS. In this special issue, we focus on fundamental problems involving human-interaction-aware data analytics with future CPS. The aim of this special issue is to provide a platform for researchers and practitioners from academia, government and industry to present their state-of-the-art research results in the area of human-interaction-aware data analytics for CPS.
The topics of interests for this special issue include, but are not limited to:
• Crowdsensing and analytics of human user data in CPS
• Human-system interaction modeling and analysis for CPS
• User data research and empirical studies on interactions with CPS
• Ethical, privacy and usability concerns around interactions between humans and CPS
• Tools and methods of interaction-driven data analytics for CPS
• Human behavior learning algorithms that leverage data analytics performance
• Data-based predictive control for multi-user CPS
• User data acquisition and mining as well as user data traffic routing in CPS
• Energy efficiency, reliability, security and privacy in user data management of CPS
• Scalable design and data management of cloud CPS, smart grid CPS, mobile CPS, social CPS, biological and medical CPS, smart community systems, and automotive CPS with human interactions
Authors should submit their journal version at Manuscript Central adhering to the formatting instructions on the TCPS Web page and indicate that you are submitting to the Special Issue on “Human-Interaction-Aware Data Analytics for Cyber-Physical Systems” on the first page and in the field “Author's Cover Letter”. For more information, please contact the Guest Editors.
October 1, 2018: Deadline for paper submissions
January 15, 2019: First round review decisions
March 1, 2019: Deadline for revised manuscripts
May 1, 2019: Notification of final decisions
June 1, 2019: Publication materials due
Professor Tongquan Wei, East China Normal University, [email protected]
Professor Junlong Zhou, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, [email protected]
Professor Rajiv Ranjan, Newcastle University, [email protected]
Professor Isaac Triguero, University of Nottingham, [email protected]k
Dr. Huafeng Yu, Boeing Research & Technology, [email protected]
Professor Chun Jason Xue, City University of Hong Kong, [email protected]
Professor Schahram Dustdar, TU Wien, [email protected]?